Areas of Practice:
- Business Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Transactions
- Corporate and Securities Matters
- Florida – all courts
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- Represents clients in commercial litigation disputes involving general business litigation, securities, contracts, construction and related areas
- Represents clients in establishing new business entities, drafting contracts and other agreements, and in providing representation before various federal and state regulatory authorities; Mr. Waechter’s clients have included real estate developers, securities dealers, individual entrepreneurs, contractors and businessmen engaged in a wide range of commercial and industrial activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Institute of CPAs
- Florida Institute of CPAs
- Operation PAR, Director and Treasurer
- Remember Honor Support, Inc., Director
- St. Petersburg Downtown Neighborhood Association, Director
- West Central Florida Council of the Boy Scouts of America, Past Director and Treasurer
- Goodwill Industries/Suncoast, Past Director
After practicing for three years as a certified public accountant, Mr. Waechter served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of William R. Hough and Co., a St. Petersburg-based broker/dealer specializing in fixed income securities, from 1979 to 2004. During that time he was responsible for supervising the Operations, Information Technology, Legal and Compliance Departments of the firm. He currently sits on the Board of Directors and is Chairman of the Audit Committee of Transamerica Mutual Funds, a mutual fund complex with more than $70 billion in assets under management.
Mr. Waechter has served as Chairman of The Bond Market Association’s Municipal Underwriting Focus Group and Vice-Chairman of the NASD District Committee for Atlanta. He has served on the NASD’s Financial Responsibility Committee and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board’s Professional Qualifications Committee, where he was responsible for developing test questions for the securities industry’s Series 24 Principal Exam.
Mr. Waechter is a life-long resident of Pinellas County. He has two children and four grandchildren.