Areas of Practice:
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Governmental Investigations
- Class Action Litigation
- Outside General Counsel
- The John Marshall Law School, Juris Doctor
- North Central College, Bachelor of Arts
- Florida Bar
- Illinois Bar (Inactive)
- Florida – all courts
- United States District Court – Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- Defended prominent statewide furniture retailer in multiple class actions involving potential exposure in excess of 25 million dollars.
- Counseled multiple e-commerce retailers and numerous local, regional, and national corporations on ADA website accessibility compliance.
- Successfully defended a national fitness chain against multi-state Attorney General Investigation over alleged deceptive and unfair business practices.
- Act as Outside General Counsel providing strategic and pragmatic legal guidance to several state and national retail businesses on issues of advertising, ADA compliance, employment law, consumer agreements, and contractual agreements.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce – Ambassador Committee Member, 2015 – 2016
- Frameworks of Tampa Bay, Inc. – Vice Chair, Board of Directors, 2017 – 2019
- North Central College – Trial Advocacy Instructor, 2010 – 2013
- Bike MS
Daniel K. Taylor practices in the areas of complex commercial litigation, governmental investigations, class action defense and local government advocacy. He uses his diverse legal background and extensive litigation and trial experience to aggressively and creatively represent businesses and individuals in a wide variety of commercial matters. Mr. Taylor has state government experience, having worked for both the Illinois Senate and House of Representatives prior to attending Law School.
Before coming to Englander Fischer, Mr. Taylor managed his own practice in the Greater Chicago Area, where he handled hundreds of civil matters, including breach of contract actions, employment disputes, real-property disputes, real estate closings, negligence, fraud, product liability and defamation. He also has broad experience in handling criminal matters, including white collar offenses.
Mr. Taylor is a graduate of The John Marshall Law School, where he served as the Chief Justice of the institution’s Moot Court Honors Society. In addition to running his own firm, Mr. Taylor has also been an associate attorney with a prominent Chicago boutique litigation firm and has served as Assistant State’s Attorney for the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office. Previously a Trial Advocacy instructor at North Central College in Illinois, Mr. Taylor remains active in American Trail Association Annual Competitions, both as a coach and a judge.
Outside the office, Mr. Taylor enjoys biking, golfing, kayaking and rooting for his beloved Chicago Bears.