Areas of Practice:
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Stetson University College of Law – summa cum laude, Juris Doctor
- Rollins College, Bachelor of Arts
- Florida – all courts
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals – Eleventh Circuit
- Practices mainly in the area of appellate practice, and has successfully handled both final and interlocutory appeals, as well as original proceedings
- Practices in the area of commercial litigation and has experience handling a wide variety of cases including commercial contract and lease disputes, tortious interference, misappropriation of trade secrets, covenants not to compete, real property disputes, deficiency judgment actions, and commercial foreclosure cases
- Board Certified in Appellate Practice, The Florida Bar, June 1, 2016
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Appellate Practice, for 2012 – 2019
- AV® Preeminent ™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and Civic Activities
- St. Pete Bar Association Appellate Practice Section, Chair, 2018 – present
- Florida Bar Association Appellate Practice Section
- Executive Council, member, 2019 – present
- Editor-in-Chief for The Record, 2019 – present
- Paraclete Editorial Board, 2014 – 2018
- Community Action Stops Abuse (CASA), Governance Committee, 2013 – 2017
- Leadership St. Pete, Alumna, 2010
Courtney Fernald graduated summa cum laude, second in her class, from Stetson University College of Law. While in law school, she served as Articles Editor and Recent Developments Editor for the Stetson Law Review. She was also a member of Stetson’s Moot Court Board and completed Stetson’s Honors Program. Upon graduation, Courtney was awarded the E. Harris Drew Memorial Award for excellence in written and oral advocacy, and the Victor O. Wehle award for excellence in trial advocacy.
In 2016, Courtney became Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Appellate Practice. Certification is the highest level of evaluation by The Florida Bar of the competency and experience of attorneys in the areas of law approved for certification.
Courtney focuses her practice primarily on appellate law, but also represents clients in a wide variety of commercial litigation matters. She is a 2010 graduate of Leadership St. Pete, a division of the St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce and one of the oldest leadership programs in the country.
Courtney lives in St. Petersburg with her husband, Jonathan, and their two children, Gabriella and Sebastian.