Areas of Practice:
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation & Defects
- Contract Disputes
- Partnership & Corporate Disputes
- Casualty Litigation
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- University of Central Florida, Bachelor of Science
- Florida – all courts
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Middle District of Florida
- Served as counsel in multi-week complex arbitration resulting in the successful defense of claims alleging $20 million in construction defects against the contractor.
- Served as lead counsel in securing a defense final summary judgment in favor of owner and company involving allegations of tort and fraud claims.
- Served as lead counsel for owners in multi-day arbitration resulting in a six-figure award against lien and construction contractual claims.
- Successfully negotiated multi-million deals for developers, contractors, and suppliers on commercial projects in excess of $75 million within the preceding two years.
- Served as counsel for numerous individuals in obtaining statewide and local construction licenses within the preceding five years.
- Successfully resolved as counsel for entity concerning a dispute of misappropriation of trade secrets and contractual disputes involving a multibillion-dollar arms deal.
- Represents businesses and individuals in business disputes or other commercial matters
- Practices in commercial litigation and construction litigation with an emphasis on contractual disputes
- Experienced in handling partnership and corporate disputes and contractual matters through trial and in arbitration and administrative proceedings
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Civil Litigation, 2017-2020
- AV® Preeminent ™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified Construction Law, Effective August 1, 2020
- America’s Top 100 Lawyers – Civil Defense Litigation 2020
Professional and Civic Activities
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Business Law Section
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Construction Law Section, Chair, 2020 – Present
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee for 6th Judicial Circuit Court Division E, Chair, January 1, 2021 – July 31, 2022
- Florida Bar Real Property/Construction Law Committee, Construction Law, Insurance & Surety
- Carrollwood Area Business Association “CABA” Member
- I Matter Too Corporation, Board of Directors Member, Secretary, 2017 – Present
- I Matter Too Corporation, Board of Advisors, 2016 – 2017
- West Coast Roofing Contractors Association Member
Joseph Etter is a partner at Englander Fischer who primarily practices in the areas of complex commercial litigation, real estate and contractual disputes and all areas of construction. His construction practice includes transactional work for his clients where routinely negotiates multi-million dollar residential and commercial construction contracts throughout Tampa Bay and beyond. In addition to prevailing in major cases through dispositive motions, he has tried non-jury and jury trials and received successful verdicts as well as favorable arbitral awards. He prides himself in his work ethic and is a skilled problem-solver that searches for creative solutions at cost-effective measures all while keeping the business or individual’s goal objectives in mind.
In his spare time, Joseph enjoys spending time with his daughter, Olivia and Amelia, traveling abroad with his wife, Lauren, playing golf, attending sporting events, and devoting his time to charitable organizations, including I Matter Too Corporation, where he sits on the Board of Directors and is Secretary for the non-profit corporation.