Areas of Practice:
- Commercial Real Estate
- Development & Construction
- Real Estate & Asset Based Financing
- Northwestern University, J.D., 1966
- Grinnell College, B.A., 1963
- Florida Bar
- Illinois State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh and Eleventh
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of
- Represent multiple Shopping Center Developers in acquisition, development, construction, and leasing, including parcel sales, for numerous 150,000 – 800,000 square foot multi-tenant projects in throughout Southeast United States.
- Local Florida counsel in $1,000,000,000 corporate refinancing for multi-state waste service company.
- Represent multiple out-of-state lenders financing over $750,000,000 multi-family and commercial projects throughout the State of Florida.
- Represent private investors in the acquisition and sales of single and multi-tenant properties in Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Texas, New Mexico and Missouri.
- Over 4 decades representing clients in complex real estate development and financing transactions
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2013-2020
- International Bar Association, “Who’s Who Legal: USA”, 2012-present
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2010-2019
- The Legal 500 US, Florida Real Estate and Construction, 2009
Professional and Civic Activities:
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Neighborhood Lending Partners, Inc., board of directors, 2013-present
- Florida Bar, Standing Committee on the Unlicensed Practice of Law, vice chair, 2002-2003
- Menorah Manor, Inc., President, 1997-2001, Chair, 2001-2002
- Gulf Coast Jewish Family and Mental Health Services, President, 1985-1988
- Jewish Federation of Pinellas County, President, 1993-1995, 1989-1991
- Georgetown University Law Center, Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute
Jim Soble joined Englander Fischer in 2019. A real estate attorney with more than four decades of practice, Jim has been involved in many of Tampa Bay’s landmark and major commercial real estate development projects; however, Jim’s practice is not limited to just regional and state real estate projects, but rather is national in scope and includes transactions valued into the hundreds of millions of dollars. Over the years, Jim’s clients have included developers, local and national financial institutions, private and institutional investors. He is dedicated to closing the transaction at hand, as well as providing each client with personalized service and attention to their often specific needs.
Jim is involved in all aspects of real property acquisition, syndication, financing, development, construction and leasing advising lenders, developers, syndicators, hotel operators, construction companies, real estate brokers and private investors. He has assisted these clients in various projects including shopping centers, office buildings, multi-family residential projects, hotels, recreational and industrial properties, among others. In addition, Jim has represented clients before local and regional planning commissions in connection with zoning and variance matters.
Jim is also involved in handling title matters, coordinating due diligence activities and identifying and dealing with environmental challenges. He advises both landlords and tenants on lease transactions including retail, office, residential and industrial leases. Jim works with clients to structure and document a variety of financing transactions including acquisition, construction “takeout” and permanent financing.
Active in Tampa Bay area civic and charitable organizations, Jim has also presented numerous lectures, workshops and roundtable discussions on behalf of the International Council of Shopping Centers.