Areas of Practice:
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Misappropriation of Trade Secrets Litigation
- Partnership & Corporate Disputes
- Barry University College of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of South Florida, Bachelor of Arts
- Florida – all courts
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court – Southern District of Florida
- Served as counsel in suit for misappropriation of trade secrets. Secured a permanent injunction, sanctions and judgment for both compensatory and punitive damages against one defendant in state court. Subsequently prevailed in a multi-day jury trial in federal court against remaining defendants and secured sanctions and a judgment for compensatory and punitive damages as well as attorney’s fees.
- Served as lead counsel in a complex, multi-party suit for breach of a non-compete agreement, tortious interference, and conspiracy where opposing parties sought over $100,000,000 in damages as well as injunctive relief. Through summary judgment, eliminated several claims, including injunctive relief, and reduced opposing party’s potential damage claim to a nominal figure.
- Served as counsel in complex, multi-party suit prosecuting claims for tortious interference, breach of non-compete after direct competitor began poaching client’s employees. As lead trial counsel at the trial on damages, obtained judgment for damages exceeding $7,000,000.
- Served as lead counsel defending client against the improper domestication of a foreign judgment procured by fraud. As a result of prevailing at trial, client recovered attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Served as lead counsel in suit for breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, civil theft, and negligence against client’s former counsel, a national bank, and an individual after client’s wire transfer in excess of $300,000 was wrongfully diverted. After client was unable to recover funds through law enforcement, he recovered through a favorable settlement in the action.
- Practices in the area of commercial litigation, with an emphasis on restrictive covenant enforcement and commercial contractual disputes
Professional and Civic Activities
- St. Pete Bar Association, Business Law Section, Vice Chair, 2019 – 2020, Chair, 2021
- Enriching Escapes, Board Member and Secretary, 2020 – Present
- Redefining Refuge, Bubbles & Butterflies Gala Committee, 2016 – 2018
Ms. McConnell has been practicing law in the Tampa Bay area since 2007. Throughout her practice, Bea has gained extensive trial experience and currently focuses her practice primarily on commercial litigation. She is a member of the Florida Bar and is admitted to practice before all Florida courts and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Bea was named partner in January of 2016, four years after joining Englander Fischer, and continues to zealously represent businesses as well as individuals in commercial disputes.