Areas of Practice:
- Appellate Practic
- Commercial Litigation
- Stetson University, College of Law, Gulfport, Florida, Juris Doctor: May 2005, Cum
- Truman University, Kirksville, Missouri: M.A. in Speech and Language Pathology.
- Truman University, Kirksville, Missouri: B.S. in Speech and Language Pathology.
Summa Cum Laude.
- Florida – all courts
- United States District Court – Middle District
- United States District Court – Northern District
- United States Court of Appeals – Eleventh Circuit
- Practices primarily in the area of appellate law and has successfully researched, written,
and argued state and federal appellate court briefs, substantive trial motions, and
- Has litigated in every Florida district court of appeal, the Supreme Court of Florida, and
the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Civil litigation in the areas of commercial litigation, professional liability defense,
medical malpractice, and long-term care defense.
- Served as appellate counsel in litigation, drafting summary judgment motions on behalf
of client that lead to successful settlement negotiations and the dismissal of the case.
- Represented client in an appeal securing the affirmance of summary judgment in the
client’s favor in hotly-contested litigation in both the state and federal appellate courts
regarding issues of joint venture, statutory compliance, and constitutional law.
- Served as primary appellate counsel in multiple appeals that overturned trial court rulings
denying the clients’ motions to enforce their arbitration agreements.
- Served as counsel in both the trial courts and appellate courts, successfully defending against claims for punitive damages.
- Served as appellate counsel in the trial court and lead counsel in the appellate court in an action concerning riparian rights case, resulting in a court determination that the client was entitled to the waterfront land adjacent to the property.
- Served as appellate counsel in the trial court and lead counsel in the appellate court that
- successfully upheld summary judgment for the client in a professional malpractice claim.
- Board Certified in Appellate Practice, The Florida Bar, June 1, 2014.
- Best Lawyers Named as a Best Lawyer among Appellate Attorneys in the Tampa Bay
Area for 2020 and 2021
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers Leader in the Law Award 2019.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Presenting Speaker, Setting Up Your Daubert Motion: Best Practices for Procedure,
Preservation, and Ethics, Florida Legal Defense Association, June 2021.
- Panel Speaker, Azar Wars: An Update on Florida health Science Center, Inc. v. Secretary
of HHS and Strategies for Protecting Patient Safety Work Product, Florida Society for
Healthcare Risk Management, May 2020.
- Presenting Speaker, Millennial Issues: Social Media and Medical Marijuana, Florida
Society for Healthcare Risk Management, July 2019.
- Author, The Record on Appeal: What Do You Do When There was No Court Reporter?,
Florida Bar Journal, November 2010.
- Co-author, The Appellate Opinion is Out—Now What Do I Do?, Florida Bar Journal,
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar: Appellate Practice Section
- The Hillsborough County Bar: Appellate Practice Section
- Pinellas County Association of Women Lawyers, currently serving as CLE Director
- Lighthouse Counseling Services, Inc., board member.
Meet the Firm
Our team delivers aggressive, levelheaded advocacy with a commonsense approach to business and economic realities.
Join Our Team
We utilize a multi-disciplinary team philosophy with attorneys of varying specialties and points of view.
Meet with Us
Arrange a meeting to tell us your story. We are here to listen and help be your strategic business advocate and partner.